It's a classic for a reason.
This is a beautiful take on a classic combination. It's incredibly quick and simple to put together and it tastes as good as it looks. Some things are meant to be together.
You'll need (serves 4):
- 1 jar of Forced Yorkshire Rhubarb jam
- 4 small pastry cases
- 150g custard
- 150g mascarpone
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- handful of pistachios, chopped
- 1 orange, zested
- Combine the custard and mascarpone in a bowl, before adding the vanilla essence and most of the orange zest. Mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into the pastry cases and top with a generous layer of Forced Yorkshire Rhubarb jam.
- Finish by adding a final spoonful of the custard mixture and garnish with chopped pistachios and orange zest.